The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is a national organization that works to advance equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, and research. The Colorado Springs Branch supports that mission and provides a community for women to share common interests, develop friendships, and act on critical social issues. The Colorado Springs Branch of AAUW was established in 1915.
The AAUW-COS Branch schedules informative and socially relevant Programs and Women and Girl focused Events monthly. Our Branch exception is December, which is a Holiday Celebration social activity. Meetings are open to the public and guests are welcome. Speakers are chosen from the community to explore issues affecting women, girls, and education. Go to the Meetings & Programs tab (above) or click here to learn more about our branch’s current activities.
In addition, members may participate in over 20 Interest Groups ranging from Current Affairs, Dining, Hiking, Southwest Studies, Reading and Writing, and Environmental Action. Go to the Interest Groups tab (above) or click here to learn more.
Each year the national organization provides millions of dollars in fellowships, grants and awards for outstanding women around the globe and for community action projects. In addition, the Colorado Springs Branch offers scholarships each year for students at Pikes Peak State College and the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs. See the latest AAUW Colorado Springs Brochure here and our monthly newsletters: here to find out more about our local branch.
In principle and practice, AAUW values and seeks a diverse membership. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or class.
If you are a former AAUW member who has not renewed in over a year, follow the instructions to join as a new member.
Who is Eligible and How to Apply:
- AAUW is open to anyone with an associate degree or higher from an accredited educational institution.
- When you join a branch, you pay national, state, and local dues, which allows both national and local branch membership. Lifetime, student, and other special memberships are also available. Click here for the updated pricing schedule.
- You may be a guest at two interest group meetings prior to joining. For a current list of Interest Groups, click on the tab in the menu (above) or click here.
- If you are entirely new to AAUW and wish to join directly from our website, please download and complete the AAUW New Membership Profile found here.
- If you join at a branch meeting or event, you are eligible to receive a one-year discount of 50% off national dues by completing the AAUW Shape the Future (STF) membership profile form found here. Return the membership STF profile with a check for the discounted price to the address listed at the bottom of the form.
- If you are a former AAUW member but have not renewed in over a year, apply as a new member. You will be eligible to receive the discounted Shape the Future membership upon rejoining at a branch event. The date you re-join will be your new annual membership renewal date.
- Once your membership has been accepted, you will be given instructions on how to create your personal portal on National’s Website on the AAUW Community Hub: Tools & Resources page.
Please check out the AAUW’s National website here to find out more about membership benefits and perks and how your support directly funds benefits for women.
Please contact Suzanne Kraus, AAUW-COS Branch Membership VP, at 719-235-7481 or by email at: email@example.com if you have any questions regarding AAUW membership or donations you wish to make to our local Scholarships Fund or AAUW Funds.