The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is a national organization that works to advance equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, and research. The Colorado Springs Branch supports that mission and provides a community for women to share common interests, develop friendships, and act on critical social issues. The Colorado Springs Branch of AAUW was established in 1915.
We meet monthly from September to May. Meetings are open to the public and guests are welcome. Speakers are chosen from the community to explore issues affecting women, girls, and education. In addition, members may participate in over 20 Interest Groups ranging from book groups to hikers to chocolate lovers. AAUW membership is open to all graduates who hold a two year associates degree or its equivalent, a baccalaureate or higher degree, as well as collegiate students.
Each year the national organization provides millions of dollars in fellowships, grants and awards for outstanding women around the globe and for community action projects. In addition, the Colorado Springs Branch offers scholarships each year for students at Pikes Peak Community College and the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs.
In principle and practice, AAUW values and seeks a diverse membership. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or class.
- See the latest AAUW Colorado Springs brochure: AAUW Brochure COS 2021 to find out more about our local branch.
- Annual dues are $102 ($67 National, $10 State, $25 local).
- Lifetime, student, and other special memberships are also available. The updated 2022 pricing schedule will be available soon.
- If you are a former AAUW member but have not renewed in over two years, apply as a new member.
- You may be a guest at two interest group meetings prior to joining. For a current list of Interest Groups, click here.
How to join:
- Click on the New Member Profile for 2022-23 link to download the membership form. Fill it out and mail with a check to the address on the form.
- You will be eligible to participate in all branch activities immediately.
- Contact Jan Jones, Membership VP at 719-963-7642 or by email at email@example.com for more information.
***SPECIAL NEW MEMBERSHIP OFFER***
ENROLL NOW to take advantage of AAUW National’s DISCOUNTED MEMBERSHIP OFFER!
AAUW National offers a 50% discount off their annual dues of $67 (a savings of $33.50) to prospective members who attend a AAUW Shape the Future program, but for a limited time only this requirement is being waived. To take advantage of this savings you must download and fill out the following form: STF New Member Profile 2022-23 (v.Mar-22) Mail it in with a check for $68.50 (National $33.50, State $10, Local Branch $25.00) to the address on the form. Contact Jan Jones, Membership VP at 719-963-7642 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
See our history of past presidents and growing lists of honorees:
Please contact me at 719-963-7642 or by email email@example.com if you have any questions regarding AAUW membership or donations you wish to make to our local Scholarships Fund or AAUW Funds.
AAUW COS Branch Membership VP